Here you'll find a series of documents and information regarding self managed superannuation and the SMSF sector designed to help answer any questions you may have about setting up and running an SMSF and what's involved.
More information about SMSFs
- What is a SMSF?
- Is a SMSF right for me? Including advantages and disadvantages
- Benefits of SMSFs
- Basic investment checklist
- Concessional contributions
Useful ATO publications on SMSFs
- Thinking about self managed super - 6 steps to working out if managing your super is right for you
- Setting up a self managed super fund - What you need to know to get your SMSF started.
- Running a self-managed super fund (NAT 11032) - Understand your role and responsibilities as a trustee and protect your retirement income.
- Trustee Declaration Form (NAT 71089) - You must keep your signed trustee declaration form for at least 10 years; read the declaration.
- Deductions for Personal Super Contributions - Notice of intent to claim or vary a deduction for personal super contributions.